Job #: 1533
Title: Payroll Analyst
Payroll Processing Analyst
The Payroll Department operates within the Human Resources division and is comprised of a talented and diverse group of professionals with expertise in North, South and Central American payroll processing and policies, accounting, tax and technology/systems.
Payroll is a key partner to many departments throughout the Firm, including Legal, Corporate Tax, Finance and Business Unit Controllers. The group is responsible for paying up to 50,000 employees domestically, as well as expatriates and local employees in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and Canada.
This position will be involved in processing a wide variety of compensation and deductions for our employees within the United States, including Financial Advisors. It will also be accountable for various responsibilities such as new hire, termination and leave processing, employee garnishments and support orders, as well as collaboration with our outside vendors.
Duties will include a full array of appropriate customer service skills supporting all aspects of the department.
The proper candidate will be able to efficiently leverage their payroll experience while executing government regulations as well as specific policies and processes.
Skills Required / Desired
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 – 10 years prior work experience in a fast paced US Payroll or HR department environment
• Working knowledge of Workday and/or ADP Enterprise would be beneficial
• Working knowledge of Federal and State payroll policies, including FLSA laws, overtime and termination regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (advanced Excel skills would be an asset)
• Advanced Excel processing and interaction with IT would be an asset
• Individual must be able to easily learn new applications, interpret and analyze payroll data, while being innovative and having the ability to adapt to change.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required in order to effectively resolve issues with HR, employees, Legal, etc. while sustaining a high level of confidentiality inherent to Payroll matters.
• Proven ability to work in an organized manner with the ability to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines, at times handling multiple tasks concurrently while maintaining proper prioritization.
• Must be self-motivated with the capability to think and act independently with strong attention to detail as well as potential risk issues.