Job #: 2268
Title: Oracle DBA
1. Engagement Description
Contract Labor Title: Support Services: Database Management Services – ORACLE
Functional Title: ORACLE Database Administrator
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of ORACLE Database Administrator for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Engagement Location, Hours and Duration:
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Oracle Database Administrator / Data Architect.
This person will have primary responsibility of database administration, architecture and development, including data analysis and design, software installation, security administration, capacity planning, data modeling and optimization, and building and deploying multi-terabyte Cloud based Enterprise Data Warehouse systems.
• 8+ years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Installation, configuration, customization & product support of Oracle Database 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c.
• Experience in the upgrade of Oracle GRID (CRS) and Database: 10g R2, 11g and 12c.
• Experience in patching, upgrading and cloning Oracle Databases.
• Experience in Database Export/Import, Backup/Recovery.
• Experience in implementing database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability
• Expert knowledge in Recovery Manager (RMAN)
• Experience in upgrading and setting up High Availability for Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c and 13c.
• Experience in setting up real-time Change Data Capture, data integration and replication.
• Experience working on different flavors of UNIX (AIX, LINUX).
• Design storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications
• Maintaining up-to-date plans for disaster recovery and fail over capabilities.
• Experience with Cloud based solutions such as NoSQL and Big Data apps such as Hadoop is a plus.
Request for Statement of Work
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• Strong analytical skills, oral & written communication skills, user interaction
• Strong facilitation and meeting management skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Effective team player and facilitator
• Strategic thinking to transform discreet and complex ideas to business-driven results
• Detail orientated with a strong drive to enforce common standards