Job #: 1735
Title: Network Security Engineer
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Enterprise Network & Security Architect for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Consultant during this engagement is expected to travel 10% within the 5 boroughs of NYC.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This position will report to the Director of Network and Security Engineering. The Enterprise Network and Security Architect will lead the Unified Communications network and security designs and standards under the direction of the Director of Network and Security Engineering. They will be responsible for the development and design of innovative network and security architectures for protecting systems, voice and data platforms in support of different types of on-premise, cloud and hybrid environments or applications platforms. He will evaluate, propose and work with the network engineering, security teams and third-party vendors to develop best practices to secure network systems. The Network and Security Architect will make significant contributions to establishing an enterprise baseline design and configuration standards, vision and platform strategy, along with the resulting architecture that supports these types of environments and applications.
· Work closely with the network engineers, VOIP engineers and security team and will be responsible for designing and implementing networks, including local area networks, wide area networks, software defined networks, wireless networks, cloud networks, security systems and application network topology and detailed design for engineering and security team execution · Responsibilities include helping the team with planning, implementation, securing and operation of the company’s information technology network strategy and software to support internal business processes · Will attend design meetings and help with the development of on-premise and cloud based security architecture to protect business applications and ensures highest level of data security · Develops LAN, WAN and VOIP networking strategy including intranets and network compliance standards
Request for Statement of Work
· Responsible for reviewing and evaluation of current intranets, vendor network integration and security platforms, recommend improvements and develop corrective strategies · Ensures that key security risks and issues for on-premise and cloud environments are identified and resolved in a manner that best balances business and security needs · Work with Unified Communications leadership to periodically review and revise IT security policies to maintain correct alignment with the changing cloud security landscape · Assist in development of on-premise and cloud network architecture patterns and standards for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS deployments · Coordinate technical design and review activities with various segment, corporate groups and security assurance activities necessary to ensure data platform integrity · Research and recommend the implementation of changes to network architecture to enhance security and maintain alignment with corporate policies · Attend business requirement meetings to develop and translate application and network architecture design discussion into a solution-based logical and detailed design · Review current design documents, bring them up-to-date and maintain records with the Unified Communication in a manner that is secure and accessible based on reasonable access standards · Develop and help automate, cost-effective secure on-premise and cloud architecture
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Strong understanding of infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud technology such as Azure , AWS and other SaaS environments · Strong understanding of LAN and WAN on premise, cloud infrastructure (Azure preferred), and security design (ex: Azure Cloud Firewalls, WAF, Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Virtual Networks) · Relevant certifications are a plus (SSCP, CCSP, CISSP, CCNA, etc.) · Experience with automation and integration through scripting in PowerShell · Extensive experience with catalyst switches, nexus switches, routers, wireless, and Meraki · Extensive experience with F5, Stealthwatch, Infoblox DHCP, secure DNS and Internet-based protocols and encryption technologies · Strong understanding of Cisco appliances and security products (ex: FirePower, AMP, VPN, Umbrella, Zscaler) · Strong knowledge of networking concepts (ex: ACLs, VLANs, Security Groups, proxy, CASB) · Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing technical security solutions such as IDS/IPS, secure remote access, VPN, firewalls, encryption, secure protocols, data protection, data loss prevention and identity management solutions · Ability to work with cross-functional teams and act as a trusted advisor to secure cloud deployments that are planned across business projects. · Self-starter who can work in a fluid environment · Ability to communicate well with other service lines, team members and employees · Strong verbal and written negotiation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Request for Statement of Work
3. Qualifications / Required Skill:
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent network and security experience · 12+ years of IT Network and Security support and design architect · 5+ years of On-Premise, hybrid and public cloud based networking experience · Up-to-date knowledge of Network, security industry standards solutions, improved security processes