Job #: 2120
Title: Network Security Engineer
This consultant will be responsible for the product selection and evolve into its SME for MAN/ DC and Wi-Fi, in providing innovation, quality assurance as well as collaborate in supporting certifying in the Wi-Fi and MAN/ Campus / Data Ctrr products, ranging from DC to security with our extended EI peers (EC/ EUC/ TIR) as well as the BUs we serve like Wealth Mgmt and ISG. The immediate project this individual work on will be stemming from the engineering needs and vendor offerings on product selection and also designs for campus and Wi-Fi. Requires a understanding on Campus/ Wireless and DC products like Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, WLC , Unified/ FlexConnect, related security aspects like MAB/DOT1X, LAN/ Campus/ AP technologies , Wi-Fi expertise.
This individual’s focus will further be as the in between PlatEng & TIR so a heavy IT security/ DDoS mitigation techniques and overall security knowledge is required. Other additional skills include:
• He/ she will also be required to allocate portion of his/ her focus in the Data Center space, an area of unparalleled growth and change in view of new Data Center protocols like VxLAN and eVPN and their applicability in the MS next-gen DCs as ways to say provide Service Mobility and Network segmentations.
• In depth knowledge of Cisco Enterprise Wi-Fi deployments and associated WLAN products as well as an understanding the security aspects of hardening (securing) Wi-Fi and interaction with radius/LDAP servers
• Ability to prioritize effectively with good time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing skills are a must
• Strong logical and analytical skills.
• Deep sense of ownership/accountability
• High level of initiative, proactive approach.
• Stakeholder management and providing reports and overviews to both technical and non-technical senior management
• Ability to work in a global team environment
• Test Automation, scripting a major plus
• Wi-Fi ntext tools
• Desire and ability to assimilate new technologies and know where the industry is heading on Campus
• DC/ Security/ Hardening
• Knowledge of Ixia of Spirent test/ test libraries for testing, automation and regression
• Write and execute certification test plans
• Testing and certifying new wireless platform codes used in buildings containing 10-1000 Access Points
• Validating Wireless Network Designs
• Certifying new feature requests & challenging the requirement to implement features
• Testing interoperability between Wireless Controllers/Access Points and Campus switching and RADIUS backend