Job #: 1573
Title: .Net Developer
About the Team
Systems Development Unit
The Systems Development Unit (SDU) is responsible for implementing application systems to support the bank’s business goals while striving for the highest quality. SDU aims to provide extensive system support
by delivering reliable application solutions.
This person would be responsible for design and development of web applications and various system components including but not limited to web
modules, web services and database programs. This person will take complete ownership of applications/tasks assigned to them in terms of ongoing
development as well as system testing, change management and production support for the assigned applications.
The selected candidate will work on high visibility application as part of the development team. The candidate will help design and enhance a complex application to provide ease of use to end users while providing an attractive interface for users to work with. The candidate should be able to test the software that they develop to provide error free code for merging with
other developer code to provide the complete application. The candidate needs to be a team worker and should be able to take direction from others in
achievement of project goals. Documentation of their development efforts and satisfaction of code requirements are a must.
Collaborate with team members from different departments (Marketing, IT Development, IT
Infrastructure, Business Systems) to define the scope, level of effort, risks, dependencies, and business requirements of development efforts.
· Create and maintain technical documentation related to solutions.
· Build scalable enterprise architecture based upon Helix conventions and principles.
· Perform development tasks and unit testing using best practices.
· Conduct code reviews of deliverables from other developers.
· Manage the build and release process using Azure DevOps.
· Effectively communicate task and project status and escalate to management as necessary.
· Proactively manage assigned issues and risks and develop remediation plans.
· At least 8 years of prior work experience with at least 3 or more in the banking sector;
· Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming and Design Patterns
· Multi-threading applications for high volume processing
· Deep understanding of MS SQL Server databases
· Strong understanding of Windows Server, IIS and Windows Security
· Experience working with event/queue based processes (IBM MQ is preferred)
· Expertise with tools/applications such as Microsoft Office, MS Visio, MS Project, TFS
· Experience with software installations and configurations in various environments
· Ability to troubleshoot production issues under pressure and in a timely manner
· Ability to analyze and document business and process flows
· Understanding of both Windows and Unix/Linux based systems;
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field;
· Ability to work with end users, technical staff and management as necessary.
· Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
· Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills;
· Needs to work under pressure and meet deadlines.