Job #: 2522
Title: Middleware Engineer
An outstanding career opportunity with a leading provider of securities brokerage services and technology-based financial services. As a critical member of a collaborative operations team, the engineer will execute system support services in 4 major data centers, for approximately 12,000 associates located at over 12 corporate locations, and 11 million external clients.
This individual will support the continued lifecycle and maintenance of enterprise platforms and must have the ability to provide thought leadership and autonomously lead, with focus business outcomes, impact to the firm, and client service.
• Looking for a technology leader in our middleware space
• Manage the automation/engineering/performance of our middleware environment along with performing operational duties
• Ensure all middleware is properly monitored with our premier monitoring tool (AppD)
• Create and follow processes to implement planned changes to production and non-production systems.
• Perform incident response and break-fix triage for infrastructure system issues.
• Partner with the business to fulfill requests for service.
• Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management programs including patch management, infrastructure testing and other proactive maintenance tasks.
• Identify and document opportunities and solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency and improve the customer experience.
• Develop and utilize scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
• Be available when scheduled (rotational with others on team) to provide on-call support after hours and on weekends
• Provide thought leadership to promote the continuous improvement of service delivery and operational practices such as:
o Propose, design, and implement enhancements to current environment.
o Develop actionable plans to improve procedures and systems to mitigate risk, ensure compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices.
o Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics.
o Create and maintain system run books; documenting day-to-day support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
o Conduct peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
o Analyze performance metrics to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services.
• Perform implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and remediation services for supported platforms.
• Collaborate with application owners to install, configure and deliver third party product installations.
• Negotiate dependencies and priorities with stakeholders and internal customers.
• Provide subject matter expertise in cross-functional strategic and tactical efforts.
• Partner with key vendors to escalate and remediate business-impacting issues.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to emerging talent on the team.
• Analyze and execute configuration and audit strategies to ensure compliance with policies, standards, and security direction.
• Provide 7×24 on-call support (as scheduled)
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in technology engineering or operations with expertise in Linux and middleware, technologies within e-commerce or financial services industry.
• Subject matter expert with the following infrastructure technology:
o Middleware: Springboot, TCserver, BW, Apache Tomcat, RabbitMQ, AMX/Tibco
o Server: RHEL 6 & 7
o Scripting: Shell, Python, YAML
o Tools: Puppet, Splunk, AppDynamics, BitBucket, libgit, Remedy
o Other: VMware, Nutanix
• Understanding of security and risk as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring.
• Extensive troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills.
• Experience with ITIL and/or other similar IT best practice frameworks.
• Experience with LEAN methodologies to drive problem resolution and service improvements.
• Experience with Agile and/or Kanban methodologies.
• Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in difficult situations and work with application teams, business customers, and various levels of management.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu or requirements above
• Travel: Less than 5%