Job #: 1368
Title: Middleware Engineer
Momentum is looking for a Middleware Engineer to work in Tampa, FL.
- Primary responsibilities include the design and configuration of middleware infrastructure and platforms.
- Work closely with development teams and create or modify requirements to implement middleware architecture.
- Create and maintain documentation for middleware installations, changes and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident resolution as needed to improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement standard installation processes, maintenance and enhancement.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of relevant experience.
This resource will act as a Primary Administrator and Support for Middleware technologies including Websphere ND Application Server, Websphere MQ. Secondary responsibilities as a backup for the Pega. PRPC application administrator.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex, business-critical middleware installations.
- Coordinate and direct troubleshooting efforts.
- Assist with the discovery of modifications and enhancements to existing configurations and procedures.
- Manage Middleware release and patch levels, technology versioning and product roadmaps.
- Conduct evaluations of overall system performance to develop and implement recommendations to address and resolve issues.
- Familiarity with automation of tasks ksh, bsh, python SPLUNK
- Having experience working in an Agile IT environment. The ability to work on multiple projects as a shared-service Specialized skillset with distributed applications running in IBM Websphere environment Collaborates with other to solve complex problems.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovated solutions
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of high-availability middleware and web services application infrastructure technologies (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, Pega PRPC)
- Work with application development groups to tune and troubleshoot their applications within a fault-tolerant WebSphere/WAS environment
- Advises on and resolves issues that may occur within middleware services and inter-operability with RDBMS and other integrated back-end systems.
- Create and update system documentation Acts as a liaison with application teams and infrastructure teams to define requirements and/or determination of problems
- Evaluate overall system performance to develop and implement recommendations to address and resolve issues.
- Advise teams, on best practices provide assistance in resolution of technical issues
- Off-hours support and on-call rotation with the flexibility to work overtime when required Capacity planning and analysis. Performance tuning
- Assist in defining, documenting, and socializing clear and effective support and escalation processes
- Software package review, installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Research, planning and coordination of the implementation of new technology
- Disaster Recovery planning, documentation, and troubleshooting
- Performs other assignments to comply with the Business strategies and initiatives.