Job #: 1935
Title: Member Services Rep
Summary: Under the supervision of the Member Services Call Center or Welcome Center Supervisor and MSR 2/3
Team, works as a benefits representative for the Member Services Call Center or Welcome Center to assist participants with information for all the benefits offered by the Fund.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collecting and analyzing data/information to resolve a problem in real time, at high volume standards.
2. Provide customer service to participants to resolve eligibility or Fund benefit issues.
3. Displayed proficiency in all processing systems: eligibility process, Health benefits and system, COOL/V3 system, CRM/WF and vendor systems
4. Displayed proficiency in all Funds (Health, Pension, Legal, SRSP, Shortman).
5. Handling of inquiries through vendors, Medical, Optical, Pharmacy, Dental and Employee Assistance.
6. Follow workflows to resolve participant questions.
7. Representatives analyze and interpret customer phone and written correspondence.
8. Ongoing management of own inventory of work accumulated through Participant interactions/inquiries. These inquiries will involve customer complaints or inquiries on eligibility, enrollment, benefits and claims, and Pension related issues.
9. Operating computers with multiple information screens to research and resolve customer inquiries on line.
10. Representatives ensure that all processing meets or exceeds MSR Quality measurement objective and performance standards, including, but not limited to, handling and documentation.
11. Ability to effectively communicate to Participants.
12. Perform any other relevant, related or pertinent work or duties as requested or assigned.
Qualifications: To perform the job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. As well, the candidate must be free of any disciplinary actions.
o Detailed knowledge of benefits as displayed in training and determined through subject matter exams utilizing OneView, vendor systems, COOL /V3and CRM processing system.
o Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
o A demonstrated capability to manipulate and use multiple software programs and macros simultaneously including Excel, Microsoft Word, Windows and Outlook applications.
o Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
o Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
o Strong ability to multitask.
o Flexibility with work schedule and must be able to work any shift between the hours of 8:30am and 6pm.
o Strong oral and written interpersonal skills.
o Demonstrated customer service orientation.
o Ability to effectively operate in fast-paced work environment.
o Excellent listening skills.
o Detail oriented with excellent organization and communication skills.
o Experience working directly with customers.
Education and /or Experience: High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience; Call Center experience, Health Care, Employee Benefits and/or Customer Service experience are strongly preferred.
Bilingual Language Skills: Fluently read, write and speak English/Spanish.
Any other language(s) abilities are a plus.