Job #: 2437
Title: Medicare Operation Lead
The primary function of the Medicare Performance Improvement Lead is to provide leadership in developing, implementing, monitoring and coordinating quality improvement initiatives that support the goal of improving Medicare Part C Operational measures. This position will work directly and collaboratively with all departments, regulatory agencies and with Provider Groups/Facilities to achieve Plan goals for improving Medicare Star measure performance. This position will serve as the subject matter expert for Medicare Star Operational measures.
· Design, implement and evaluate complex quality and process improvement projects required to support Star and regulatory needs to drive specific operation quality improvement outcomes.
· Research, develop and identify internal and external barriers/root causes that affect that impact poor operational performance and ensure that implementation of strategies to overcome these barriers.
· Develop methods and /or tools to collect and track barriers for targeted process improvement. Methods may include but not be limited to surveys, focus groups, observation, work flow analysis, process mapping, time and motion studies, etc.
· Create plans/interventions based on barrier, data, and/or competitor analysis, defined project scope and goals, measurable metrics for program evaluations, and projected timelines.
· Develop communications that are clear, direct and actionable.
· Apply analytics to identify and target various sub processes to drive quality improvement and measurable outcomes
· Evaluate interventions for project/intervention continuation and/or modification to provide for continuous process improvement.
· Oversee the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) administration process to ensure timely HRA completions. Work with internal units to drive accurate prioritization of call queues, sound data integrity for CMS reporting and non-duplicative data streams. Regularly audit call data to ensure Outreach Specialists are meeting/exceeding expectations. Review and revise HRA administration process to continuously meet business needs.
· Develop tools and supports for external and internal stakeholders relative to measures/desired outcomes to drive continuous improvement.
· Document findings for each initiative and present results to applicable departments and management.
· Lead and/or participate in external activities, work group or committees promoting improvement and goals; make presentations, prepare reports, data or other materials for committee presentation.
· Implement operational monitoring processes. This includes but is not limited to designing training material, procedures, process control plans, etc. designed to identify process changes for corrective actions.
· Analyze organizational data for specified measures to identify trend and target area for quality improvement projects.
· Coordination and implementation of corporate Quality Improvement initiatives such as the Chronic Care Improvement Projects (CCIP) for Medicare Advantage.
· Track progress, provide project status reports and presents key metrics and actions plans to the Director of Medicare Stars
· Effectively manages internal communications by collaborating and disseminating project activities and outcomes to impacted departments
· Bachelor’s degree in analytical field including Finance, Health Care Management or related field. Master’s Degree a plus.
· Five to eight years’ experience in any analytic field. Two to three years of managed care experience preferred.
· Solid analytical skills paired with strong attention to detail. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
· Understanding of CAHPS measures and knowledge of HEDIS, QARR, Star reporting processes strongly preferred
· Knowledge of quality improvement activities such as PDSA preferred.
· Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
· Experience with relational databases applications (MS Access, SAS or R) strongly preferred.
· Ability to lead others on large scale, complex, highly visible projects.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of health care data systems.
· Flexible and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to generate new and unique solutions and makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
· Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
· Creates a climate in which people want to do their best, can motivate team or project members.
· Ability to shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture.
· Integrity and Trust
· Customer Focus
· Functional/Technical/Analytical Skills
· Written/Oral Communications