Job #: 2654
Title: Manager Marketing Science
• Supports the relationship with key internal business stakeholders
• Proactively identify and recommend research agenda for partners based on solid understanding of business goals and current knowledge gaps.
• Design, commission, and lead research and insight studies to address knowledge gaps.
• Analyze research and data to develop key actionable insights, work through potential implications and work with manager to formulate business recommendations.
• Draft reports and/or presentations and take part in the dissemination and socialization of key findings across key business partners/stakeholders
• Partner with research suppliers. Develop strategic partnerships to extract more value for MetLife.
• Partner with US Marketing Science and Marketing organizations to leverage best practices
• Partner with US Marketing Science Data Science and Competitive Intelligence team members
• Work closely with AVP, US Marketing Science on business planning and learning plan development
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Minimum of 5 years of marketing research experience.
• Must be experienced or familiar in most if not all of the following: Segmentation research, CLTV, Value Proposition and Concept Development, concept testing, creative testing.
• Strong communication skills – Clear, succinct written and oral communication
• Strong collaboration & teaming skills.
• Experience influencing others to implement action steps that drive business results
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving diagnosis (i.e., asking scoping questions to understand what the business partner needs, as opposed to the information they want); active listening to understand the problems from the client’s perspective; disagreeing with a partner when appropriate
• Strong analytic skills and ability to translate data and learnings into actionable recommendations
• Curiosity, drive to learn, grow and stretch as a member of an evolving Marketing Science and Marketing organization
• Team player with experience interacting with different functional areas and personality styles.
• Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
• Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
• Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
• Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
• Reports to: Assistant Vice President, US Marketing Science
• Direct reports/team: none