Job #: 2401
Title: Mainframe Storage
Seeking a Mainframe Storage Manager with extensive experience in the management of z/OS DASD and Tape storage to support New York City’s Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS), Financial Management System (FMS), Payroll Management System (PMS), Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS) and timekeeping system (City Time). With these numerous projects comes the responsibility of implementing, managing and monitoring the storage which supports these applications. This includes managing mainframe DASD storage and thousands of virtual and physical tapes. The mainframe storage manager will work closely with the database administration, application and user areas to provide their storage needs.
• In-depth experience managing DASD and Tape on the mainframe z/OS operating system.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Extensive experience working with z/OS JCL, SMS, generating DASD usage reports, SMS managed tape and z/OS utilities (DFDSS, ICKDSF).
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
• The ability to work as part of a group and individually.
• The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
• The ability to keep up with changing technology and be willing to learn new technologies which the candidate may have no experience with.
• Must be able to interface with the user community to handle all DASD requests.
• Knowledge of OEM program products such as STOPX37, Mainview/SRM and DASD Bkup Supervisor is a plus.
• Working knowledge of z/OS Systems Programming is a plus.