Job #: 2393
Title: Mainframe Scheduler
• The candidate will run batch job streams via CA Workload Automation (d-series) scheduler, and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes for validations. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions.
• Manages the timing and execution of ClearQuest tickets to ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner.
• Adjusts the schedule as needed for Technicians to focus on high-priority tasks.
• Works with the team to resolve schedule impacts.
• Identifies schedule impacts due to changes and proactively escalates to team.
• Produces indicators and reports to provide management a clear and accurate picture of the project status.
• Monitors and updates integrated event plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible. ·
• Gets involved in event scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the team and or “clients.
• Document all changes made to the master schedule that the Technicians in the Job Administration team can follow. ,
• The candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships).
• Demonstrated ability to manage the design of CA Workload Automation/ d-series and CA Scheduler tools
• Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of running of job flows (e.g., stalled flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation/ d-series.
• Ability to schedule and process adhoc requests in AIX and mainframe environments as requested – using the tools above
• Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; IBM UTILITIES; working knowledge of ISPF
• The candidate will be expected to have knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities.
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction
• Process Backups/Restores as required
• Strongly preferred – Experience with Advantage Financial applications
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce quality work under pressure.
• Extensive years of related scheduling experience with a Windows-based scheduling system.
• Years’ experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
• Extensive years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.