Job #: 5797
Title: Linux Platform Engineer
global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
The Enterprise Computing & Storage division at is responsible for designing and implementing the firm’s global Linux infrastructure. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, build, and automation of numerous products, including critical infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), bare metal hardware, Linux OS, automated provisioning and configuration, and high availability and backup technologies.
We are seeking an experienced Linux platform engineer to focus on automating server provisioning at scale across 40+ locations to support our Global Investment Services business. The role requires deep Linux systems knowledge in architecting, building, and automating new solutions for specialized electronic trading infrastructure, as well as the ability to troubleshoot down to the lowest technical levels in a high-pressure, revenue-generating context.
· Expert knowledge of Linux-low latency, O/S, storage and networking protocols.
· Solid understand of Linux Kernel.
· Proficient in a programming language such as Python, Perl, or C++.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills across hardware, O/S, network, and storage.
· Experience with source code management and CI/CD tools: Git, SVN, Jenkins, etc…
· An understanding of SDLC and Change Management practices
· Self-motivated, ability to identify and resolve issues with minimal oversight
· Effective communication skills to a diverse audience
· Ability to write technical documentation
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Certification
· Experience with high-performance network devices (Solarflare, Mellanox, Exablaze)
· Experience with kernel bypass, FPGA, or another novel high-performance specialty
· Experience of using a modern configuration management system (examples such as
· Ansible, Puppet, or Chef) to automate the management of a large-scale Linux deployment.
· Enthusiasm for modern Devops tools and practices including Git, Jenkins, automated testing, and continuous integration.
· Experience working in a large, multi-national enterprise in any industry vertical, showing experience of communicating and collaborating in globally distributed teams.
#JobSearch #JobHunt #JobOpening #Hiring #NowHiring #Resume #Job #Jobs #Careers #Employment #HR #HumanResources #momentumresourcesolutions #workwithpros #wecare #readytowork
#technologyjobs #techjobs #ITjobs #hireme