Job #: 2340
Title: Lead BA – Chicago, IL
The Investments Technology Lead Business Analyst will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of critical Global Investment business systems used by our clients and consultants. This Information Technology position is for an experienced and productive professional individual contributor, who works independently with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will work closely with business users and IT managers to understand, challenge and develop requirements using analytical skills. The candidate’s experience with Investment systems will be used to translate business and functional requirements into more detailed technical specifications. The ability to communicate clearly using non-technical language is also expected. As lead BA, the candidate will develop use cases, stories and epics for an Agile development process and also proactively mentor and delegate to other BAs and SAs. The candidate will also assist with general application support to resolve functional and technical issues.
This is a temporary full-time position based in the United States. Minimal travel may be required to meet with business users.
duties and responsibilities
To fulfil this role for a variety of Investment applications and initiatives, the Lead Business Analyst will:
• Partner with business teams as technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to identify and accurately document solutions via business and systems requirements and processes; utilizing combined experience in both IT and the Investments domain.
• Facilitate and/or participate in and contribute to internal and/or external client workshops and meetings to gather, understand and document client’s project goals, workflows, complex business needs, gaps, and opportunities. Determine how changing business needs will affect the system, product, and process.
• Be innovative and drive “outside the box” thinking. Solve difficult problems as needed through proposing insightful, knowledgeable, effective solutions. Build and use knowledge of what is happening in the industry, and in technology, to drive implementation of critical functionalities into our applications.
• Provide guidance and work flow management to a diverse team of Business Analysts and System Analysts by proactively mentoring, delegating and providing peer-reviews and feedback.
• Work closely with the Systems Development team to ensure the business requirements are met and align with the system design.
• Assist the development team with remediation required for security and for obsolete system tools and components.
• Understand product architecture and functionality which will allow you to assess the feasibility of client requests. Gain an understanding of product design and solutions to take wider ownership / responsibility for the defined product functionalities.
• Estimate value, develop use cases and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work is aligned with product strategy. Coordinate with project managers on scope, time & sizing estimates.
• Assist with testing of application enhancements, including writing test plans and acting as a business proxy for various application and environmental confirmations. Document exceptions, configurations and work-arounds as necessary.
• Assist with technical documents and user guides, and any needed modifications to existing documentation, training materials or user demonstrations.
• Participate in the deployment and implementation of new and existing products/applications.
• Investigate, triage, diagnose and resolve complex application issues, working with business partners, other IT departments (MGTI, O&S, etc.) and suppliers as appropriate (Tier II Support).
The Lead Business Analyst will meet the following criteria:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree with degrees in mathematics, finance or computer science preferred.
• 10+ years of technology experience in similar IT Business Analyst role working with Investment systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the business concepts applicable to a multi-faceted financial services organization is preferred. Related business experience is beneficial.
• Experience in Delegated Management Operations, Investments Operations and/or Middle Office Services is a plus.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written. Communicates professionally with internal and external contacts.
• Experience working in an Agile development lifecycle.
• Ability to effectively work independently and in a team. Create effective business solutions with minimal direction and ability to learn new skills quickly. Strive to share knowledge and achieve common goals within a team.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Basic understanding of programming (Excel VBA, SQL scripts) and QA techniques.