Job #: 2667
Title: Laptop Remote Engineer
Laptop Remote Access Engineering
The End User Endpoint Engineering Team is committed to delivering enterprise class Windows Desktop builds and remote access solutions to the firm. The team is responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and integration of Windows Clients end user experience. We are looking for a person to be able to contribute to many of the on-going initiatives in some of these areas and to own engineering tasks from beginning to end. The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, great communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others in a truly global team.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
– Engineer/sustain existing/new desktop related technologies into the firm.
– Ensure products meet the necessary security, supportability, performance requirements.
– Ensure we meet the business’s expectations around user experience.
– Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
– Provide 3rd line support to investigate & troubleshoot root causes.
– Dissemination of knowledge amongst peers.
Must Have Skills Set
Desktop/Laptop or Server Hardware Knowledge and Management in an enterprise environment. Extensive experience with common third-party tools used to manage/support large environments. i.e. SCCM.
Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure i.e. Active Directory/GPO/DFS/PKI.
Deep technical understanding of Windows operating systems up to and including Windows 10/Server 2019.Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event logs, SysInternals tools, analyzing memory dumps etc).
Experience of Automation and providing Self service Capability.Advanced scripting skills with PowerShell.
Experience designing technical solutions to meet complex business requirements.Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks).
Desired Skills Set
– Experience with remote access solutions such as Microsoft Direct Access or Always On VPN.
– Experience of Windows 10 Modern Management (Intune, Autopilot, Windows Virtual Desktop, etc)