Job #: 1778
Title: Junior Accountant – Hartford, CT
Do you embrace technology? Can you handle multiple projects? Can you adapt to a changing environment? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• Participate in a major technology initiative to replace the firm’s general ledger, revise processes, and expand reporting capabilities.
• Take ownership of accounting and reporting responsibilities for assigned real estate investments. Realty invests in various property types, often using complex investment structures.
• Assist senior accountants with complex assignments, such as real estate investment accounting, fund reporting, and advanced analysis.
• Prepare various quarterly and annual reports.
• Lead/assist adhoc projects, such as client requests and the validation of system data.
• Minimum qualifications:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree with a major in accounting, minor in computer and information systems a plus
• 2+ years of public accounting experience or experience in real estate accounting
• Yardi experience a plus
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience using technology to create reports to enhance analysis
• Time management skills and efficient utilization of technology
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated Excel skills