Job #: 2257
Title: Java Developer – Weehawken, NJ
We are looking for a hands-on Sr Java developer who has experience building distributed systems using streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Apache Flink and ElasticSearch.
You will be working on a greenfield project where you would use your prior experience in data streaming technologies to build the application from the ground up.
Securities IT group is working on a series of digitalization projects using streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Flink and ElasticSearch as foundation. First of the main project is to capture all LifeCycle events for a Trade and provide realtime monitoring and KPIs.
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
You’ll be working in an agile delivery team comprised of 5-6 developers, BA and a team lead.
Business rationale for this role:
It is a critical project that needs to be delivered by Q1 2020. Technical skillset (Java + Kafka, Flink, ElasticSearch) is quite niche.
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
1- hands-on core Java, experience building applications with distributed system architecture
2- First preference is Apache Flink but could be substituted with Apache Spark or Storm
3- Apache Kafka
4- First preference is ElasticSearch but could be substituted with NoSQL DB like MongoDB
Your expertise and skills
– 8+ years of experience building enterprise applications using Java / J2EE technologies
– Hands-on with core Java (Java 8)
– Expert in Apache Kafka and have used Confluent Kafka in a recent project
– Preferably experience in Apache Flink or otherwise in Apache Spark or Apache Storm
– Experience with ElasticSearch or otherwise in a NoSQL DB like MongoDB
– Good understanding of Apache Avro or any other data serialization system
– Have deployed applications using container – Docker , Kubernetes, ZooKeeper
– Have worked in Agile team and familiar with practices like CI and CD
– Passionate about code quality with a strong focus on automated testing
– Preferably worked for a client in IB domain