Job #: 2720
Title: Java Developer – Columbia, MD
SR. JAVA DEVELOPER
This Sr. Software Developer will support existing Java/Spring application to enhance features and design and deploy new modules to support business requirements.
Location – Columbia, Maryland
• Support existing Java Springboot and Angular application by building new modules.
• Perform system design, and coding to build REST services with REST best practices.
• Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
• Works with other team members to develop coding solutions, make sure processes are followed.
• Able to do comprehensive code reviews and discuss various solutions for solving a challenge.
• Participates in associate interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems
• Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement and maintain application software.
• Able to troubleshoot application independently, use various monitoring tools, help with PROD support.
• Mentors more junior developers and may lead projects as needed.
• Able to support PROD and non-PROD applications, including making config changes, pushing builds etc.
• 8+ years of programming experience with Java/J2EE
• Experience with working in Agile
• 8+ years of object oriented analysis and design
• 3+ years of experience in cloud application development and deployment
• Experience working in Jersey, Spring for Rest services
• Experience with TomCat/TC Server
• Knowledge of version control system, GIT etc
• Experience with editor such as STS/Eclipse
• Experience with code coverage, unit testing such as JUnit
• Experience with Linux/Unix
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Experience with UI framework, Angular or React
• Experience with deployment of application in cloud, AWS, Azure, PCF
• Experience with Financial experience/Trading platform