Job #: 1597
Title: Java Developer – Ann Arbor, MI
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …). Include any other Teams that this contractor will be engaging with:
TOS Mobile’s Gateway team. This team interacts with Android, iOS teams along with TOS Core and charts teams.
What does a typical day look like in this role? Specific Projects? Working independently or with a team?
Gateway team within Mobile team is kind of a backbone to our Mobile clients. Gateway acts like a server to client apps and like a client to the core system. So typical day involves talking to both sides and provide service implementation in gateway. It includes both maintenance & new features implementation. The performance of this application is very important.
* Works independently and with supervisory review on low, moderate and highly complex programming tasks.
* Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
* Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic in compliance with secure coding standards.
* May lead discussions with the business and with business analyst and active participation in brainstorming sessions
* Comfortable with Agile methodologies and tools
* Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review.
* Implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Should be up to date with Java Core technologies. Should be familiar with concurrency & multi-threading, socket programming concepts. Should have strong trouble shooting skills.
What does success look like for this role? How is this person measured?
* Quick grasping skills
* Strong technical & trouble shooting skills
* Passionate about Java
* Good interpersonal skills to work in a distributed team environment.
* Good communication skills
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
1. 4 Years of Java Programming experience required.
2. 4+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
3. 4+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
4. 2+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
5. 2+ years’ experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
* Knowledge of network programming and sockets preferred
* Financial services experience preferred
* Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
* Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
* Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and makes decision
Required Education or Certifications:
4 Year College Degree; Computer Science Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Preferred Education or Certifications: