Job #: 2592
Title: Java Developer – Ann Arbor, MI
The Marketing Offer Management System (MOMS) team develops software to provide an automated solution for the creation and management of client offers. This includes providing a new and improved user interface and a robust service layer to allow other systems to utilize our data. While in this role, you will have an opportunity to work in an energized Agile development team working closely with developers, business analysts, and product owners.
This individual will be responsible for the hands-on development of applications and services. The focus will be on the continued enhancement of our Offer Management System while creating software solutions using automation for testing and delivery. In this role, the individual will be expected to participate in system design and provide input in the full lifecycle from concept to production. The individual will have the opportunity to work in diverse areas of the application and will have a chance to excel in all of them.
• Performs product design tasks of a low, moderate or high complexity which require research and analysis
• Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation
• Counsels team about software system design and maintenance.
• Counsels systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Works independently and with supervisory review on low, moderate and highly complex programming tasks.
• Participates in client interactions to develop system solutions to business problems.
• Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test and validate security features and code review.
• Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts
• Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems
• Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software
• 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of Java Programming experience required
• 8+ years experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• 8+ years experience with distributed systems development
• 8+ years experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
• 8+ years experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred
• Experience with the Spring framework required
• Experience with developing web page using MVC Frameworks like Angular JS/React, Responsive Web Design, Bootstrap/Material design required
• Knowledge of Maven/Gradle, JUnit, Karma, Selenium, Git, JIRA and Jenkins preferred
• Knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency
• Knowledge of network programming and sockets preferred
• Financial services experience preferred
• Ability to interpret business requirements.
• Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed