Job #: 1425
Title: Java Developer
Momentum is looking for a Java Developer in Phoenix, AZ.
The Senior Application Developer has the overall responsibility for ensuring quality of design & implementation on projects – working closely with the architects and other senior application developers. The Senior Application Developer is also responsible from a technical perspective for assisting the project manager in planning, scoping and execution of projects. They are a key resource to help identify and resolve technical issues and bridge the technical gap between the development and delivery teams.
1. The Senior Application Developer will assist in delivering the design of the application and is responsible for interfacing with the implementation team to ensure the design is properly incorporated into their deliverables
2. Provide application design feedback to the project team on an ongoing basis
3. Support the project manager in interfacing with Marsh’s vendors and outsourcing partners
4. Review detailed design and code deliverables from partner organizations
5. Assist the Enterprise architects in defining, implementing and overseeing technical standards, policies and tools
6. Provide technical support to development teams. Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them.
7. Responsible for effective application development including integration with other Marsh systems.
8. Ensure adherence to Marsh Process Framework.
9. Provide status updates on a regular basis and raise risks & issues to Project Manager/Reporting Manger.
Regional / Global
Total 6+ years of technical experience
Including 2+ years of design and 4+ years of development experience in a range of technologies.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in computer science or related field.
· Ability to review and provide feedback for complex applications implemented by partners.
· Proven experience working in an outsource and offshore environment on major delivery programs.
· Knowledge of all phases of SDLC and full lifecycle implementations using Agile methodology and DevOps procedures and tools.
· Experience with integration technologies like web/mobile applications and APIs (REST / SOAP), MQ, Spring Integration, Apigee etc.
· Exposure to industry application architecture and experience with design patterns and Microservices Architecture
· Demonstrable experience in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS
· Performance tuning and best practices at web/mobile, APIs/services and persistence layers.
· SOAP/REST, SpringBoot, Spring Integration, MQ, Apigee, Docker Container
· Tomcat, MongoDB and Oracle
· Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Junit, Jasmine, Karma, SonarQube, Selenium and JMeter
· Splunk / ELK, Ping SSO, Qlikview