Job #: 1386
Title: Java Dev Ops Developer
Duties: Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO’s System Reliability Engineers (SREs) apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, capacity planning & monitoring. SREs drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology’s runtime environment
System Reliability Engineering team uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank’s systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behavior of these complex systems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILIITES
An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in both server side as well as front-end development as may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale web applications
· Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps.
· Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle· Participate in team-wide design and code reviews.
· Keep abreast of emerging technical trends, so applicability to ETO products can be determined.
- 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in developing Java-based applications.
- Core Java, Collections Framework, Concurrent Programming
- Experience with spring framework, multi-threading
- Testing frameworks including Junit
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using Spark-Streaming
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Caching solutions like Hazelcast or other equivalent solutions
- Minimum 2 years of server-side Java development, experience with threading and synchronization
- Unix/Linux experience2.
- Soft skills: Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams,
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC3. Additional skills (Advantage)
- Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or DB2)
- Working knowledge of Maven, SVN, NPM, Gulp· Programming in Perl, Python and shell script.
- Knowledge and experience in building conversational user interfaces enabled by AI
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication. Overall 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in developing Java-based applications.
Skills and Experience: