Job #: 2076
Title: Java Architect
Department & Team Profile
Operations Technology comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. Operations Technology develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology serves the global transaction regulatory reporting requirements of the firm. These requirements span OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. The regulations covered are across America (e.g. Dodd-Frank and CSA), Europe (e.g. MiFID II and EMIR), and Asia (e.g. JFSA and HKMA). The team are required to work on both meeting the firm’s current regulatory obligations and on meeting future regulatory obligations (e.g. CAT).
The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for a Senior Architect to join the team in New York. You will be part of a global team, which also has presence in Glasgow, Mumbai, Hong Kong and London.
· You will be part of a dynamic team, building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
· You will work primarily as a Senior Architect/Technologist as part of a collaborative agile Java development team.
· You will focus on supporting the team removing technical and process related blockers by applying agile and lean principles to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
· You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code & architecture reviews and design sessions. You will ensure the team follow architectural best practices.
· You will be required to gain an understanding of the regulatory and business domain and will liaise directly with a variety of stakeholders throughout the firm.
· You will act as an agile coach/advocate helping the team and our business partners.
· Significant experience of Agile, Scrum & Lean methodologies.
· Experience of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) methodologies.
· Core Java.
· Unix shell scripting.
· SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2.
· Integration & message processing technologies – MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Spring.
· Strong architectural experience – Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF design
· Build & agile – Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT.
· Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
· Domain driven design and micro-services experience
· Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
· Experience in banking and regulatory reporting (CTFC, EMIR, Dodd Frank, MiFID)
· Knowledge of OTC, listed and cash products