Job #: 1279
Title: IPV Controller
Momentum is looking for an IPV Controller.
The role is varied in responsibility but will involve performance of the monthly prices testing process, including the sourcing of external price data, calculation of variances, discussion with traders and desk heads, reconciliation and reporting. The role is broad, across most of the Jefferies businesses and will include some involvement in the main asset classes.
There will also be an element of project work as we seek to improve and automate processes and on-board new businesses.
Additionally, the IPV team is responsible for all aspects of IPV policy and ensuring it is up to date with the latest regulatory and accounting guidance. The role will involve working closely with the regulatory team on any regulatory returns requiring IPV input.
The key responsibilities are:
– Performance of the month end IPV process and discussion of results with the trading desks for a variety of businesses and asset classes including Rates, Emerging Market and Corporate bonds, listed and OTC equity and equity derivatives.
– Communication of price testing results to heads of trading desks/COOs.
– Assigning FAS157 levels to financial inventory.
– Process improvement and automation work.
– Participation in audit queries requiring IPV input.
– Advising the New Business Committee regarding valuation matters for new business proposals.
– Proposal and calculation of bid/offer reserves.
– Assist on strategic change deliverables, where required
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
– Preferably Qualified accountant with strong numeracy skills with a suitable academic background preferable.
– Strong interpersonal skills and good team player.
– Prior experience in financial markets, preferably within an investment banking environment.
– A good working knowledge of independent price verification with strong financial products knowledge.
– Good working Excel knowledge.
– Strong sense of ownership and a willingness to take responsibility for tasks assigned.
– Ability to multi task and be adaptable to tight deadlines with a good attention to detail.
– Proactive and motivated work style.