Job #: 1961
Title: iOS Engineer
Overview of business area or project:
The Client Digital Experience (CDX) program aims to create a new engaging digital experience for clients through a mobile-focused development. The CDX experience empowers clients to help UBS discover more of what and who matters to them, their interests and outlook—to develop a stronger planning-based relationship, strengthened by more tailored advice/content.
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …): CDX Digital factory consists of 15 developers and team follows agile methodology to develop the app.
Business rationale for this role: Need an iOS engineer to implement the MVP scope by end of this year.
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of iOS application development in a professional environment or other relevant experience
• Strong knowledge of Swift language, iOS Frameworks, and the Xcode development environment
• Strong computer science fundamentals including object oriented programming, design patterns, unit testing, data structures, and multithreaded development
• Experience of unit testing, automated testing and debugging of mobile apps
• Demonstrated ability to create innovative features on the platform
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What are the responsibilities of the role? What work will the contractor be performing on a day to day basis?
• Contribute to the development of our iOS apps with the goal of making our members more successful and our spaces smarter.
• Implement native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques.
• Use knowledge of iOS development to help guide design and engineering decisions.
• Work with product managers, designers and full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile products.
• Solve challenging engineering, scaling and performance issues.