Job #: 1382
Title: Interface Analyst
Momentum is looking for a solid Interface Analyst.
Monitor and maintain existing interfaces, resolving any problems which may arise. Creates new interface connectors and transformations. Analyses data flow, interface structure, and specification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Installs and upgrades the database server and application tools, creating primary storage structures and primary objects.
- Participates in the management of the full development cycle of all enterprise integration of various hospital systems, including the creation of formal functional requirements, and technical design specs, as well as development of quality test plans, interface implementation, and maintenance.
- Writes programming code required to translate data into different programming languages as required to move data across the interface.
- Using the interface engine, configures, connects, installs, supports and maintains interfaces to communicate.
- Using appropriate Interface engine tool set develops, tests and implements Interfaces
Tests proposed changes to the interface.
- Works with Vendors to implement and test data transmissions, translators, creates auxiliary scripts and programs components to augment products lack of functionality.
- Manages, upgrades and improves the AIX platform infrastructure in order to support the databases and interface related applications.
- Responsible for integration activity including, but not limited to HL7, SQL packages, scripts and file downloads
- Conducts complex analysis and design tasks for the development of interface systems
- Manages, allocating physical and logical storage on Unix as well as Virtual or physical servers where the interface data resides.
- Working with the storage team he will troubleshoot and resolve alternate path SAN connectivity and data migrations.
- Working with the manager, develops monitoring procedures for the Interface environment as a whole including underlining infrastructure.
Collaborates and works effectively in a team environment with ongoing interaction/communication with users, vendors , analysts and outside team members
“Tunes” database by configuring parameters to optimize performance.
- Working with the Backup team, makes sure the backup and restore procedure are implemented and properly tested as well as resolving any issues reported by the backup system as relates to the environment is supporting.
- Adopts, promotes and actively contributes to the continuous process improvement of the interoperability and integration of systems.
- Provides technical advice to project managers and team members improving the team technical abilities and knowledge.
- Documents all work performed following departmental policies and procedures. Working with the manager, helps to organize the documentation for all the interfaces and programing tools created by the team.
- Work closely with application teams to adopt new orchestration packages to ensure self-healing and messaging for proper feedback. Reducing any potential downtime.
Other Job Duties
- Use diagnostics and performance tools to “tune” applications and database.
- Configure and manage the operating system. Is involved in various other programing tasks.
- Manage transaction consistence.
Required: Four-year college degree in Computer Sciences.
Preferred: Masters Degree in Computer Sciences
- Required: 6 years of systems experience, including at least 2 years of interface experience.
- Preferred: 8 years of systems experience, including 4 years of database experience and at least 4 years of interface experience.
Expert Computer Application skills especially Access. HL7 protocol. Desired: Expert in Unix, AIX, LINUX and Shell Script, expert in Interface Engine and PowerShell.