Job #: 1552
Title: Infrastructure Architect
***Alternate office locations are Atlanta, St. Louis, Dallas, Grand Rapids**
This role is responsible to lead innovation and continuous improvement of the compute and storage infrastructure technology landscape. Improve overall infrastructure design through optimization of existing technologies, processes and controls or adoption of new technologies. This role leads the evolution of computer and storage architecture that supports business needs through the prospection and deployment oversight of current technologies that enable the business to adopt or develop cutting-edge solutions while still maintaining performance, reliability and a solid security posture.
As a senior architect position will be responsible for all Microsoft server operating system designs and technical solutions for all projects.
Experience designing Microsoft Windows Server solutions, best practices and life cycle management.
Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide software version, hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
Technical expertise in defining, creating, and documenting standards with Microsoft based solutions
Experience in designing security solutions around Microsoft platform and experience with other vendor solutions leveraging security features for the platform.
Research, evaluate, and recommend group policy settings for all Windows Server versions following security best practice policy and procedures
Experience with high availability and disaster recovery methodologies
Extensive experience with all Microsoft Server Operating systems Hardware experience, Cisco UCS, Dell, HP servers Group Policy object design.
Understanding of OS deployments and dependencies in cloud environments like Azure, AWS.
Experience creation VMware and Hyper-V Technical background with Microsoft SQL Server
· 8 – 10 years Experience managing and supporting a technology team, and technical projects
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows Platform Operating Systems
· Ability to analyze, understand, and identify the best design for a technical solution with respect to the tradeoffs of architectural principals including: agility, complexity, cost effectiveness, deployment effort, flexibility/extensibility, interoperability/compatibility, maintainability, operability, performance, productivity, scalability, security, speed of delivery, and standardization
· Experience in an IT environment as an architect, delivering enterprise solutions utilizing multiple platforms and solutions for a variety of Use cases.
· Advanced experience with the multiple compute, storage and management platforms; Cisco, HP, and Dell a plus
· Expertise in performance modeling of different x86 compute solutions and providing benchmark measurements for application performance
· Working knowledge of compute virtualization solution including VMware, Microsoft HyperV, RHEV and KVM.
· Working knowledge of Storage solutions and connectivity including – FC, FCoE, iSCSI, Ethernet, NFS, CIFS, and similar concepts; working knowledge of storage systems (Block, File, and Object) as it relates to solution development.
· Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work. Must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team; and foster the development of high performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization. Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities.