Job #: 2983
Title: Hadoop Engineer – Alpharetta, GA
As Data Engineer, you will work on high-quality data solutions to as part of the systems integration effort.
You will partner with various enterprise engineers to design and develop data driven insights that inform business and product decisions. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving complex technical problems that enhance the combined business decision making capabilities.
Your technical skills, business acumen, and creativity will be essential as you build tools to automate reporting and generate timely business insights.
1. Excellent communication, documentation, analytical and planning skills
2. Expert-level analytical skills such as SQL
3. Masters one programming language such as Perl or Python
4. Experience working on an Hadoop environment, writing and running ETL jobs for data movement into and out of Hadoop, familiarity with Hadoop components like Impala, Hive and Hbase.
5. Independent-working, fast-learning and problem-solving
1. Good understanding in data, systems and network infrastructure
2. Used data integration tools and wrote ETL processes or scripts
3. Exposed to business intelligence tools and wrote reports & analytics
4. Understands cloud-based technologies and virtualization tools
5. Familiar with automation, workflow and data flow concepts
6. Experience working in the Financial industry
1. Candidates main role will be in the development and maintenance of ETL jobs utilizing the Hadoop environment.
2. Prepare and maintain documentation related to ETL jobs and tools – runbooks, training documents and user guides.
3. Partner with engineering teams to operationalize/scale data solutions to improve business intelligence and analytical platforms, such as querying, reporting and analytical tools
4. Leverage SQL, and other analytic platforms to gather, clean, and prepare data; create dashboards/reports; develop KPIs; analyze trends; provide insights
1. BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience
2. 5+ years of relevant experience
3. Skilled in working with enterprise level systems