Job #: 1424
Title: Front End Developer
ADP is seeking a Senior Front-End Developer to join our high performance user experience standards team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in front-end development technologies, have extensive experience with building React component
The position of Senior Front-End Developer sits in the Core UX team, based in Roseland NJ reporting to a UX Director. This role has three specific areas of focus:
- Develop, test and maintain a React component library and CSS Framework supporting global design standards
- Develop prototypes supporting the UX standards team user research activities.
- Support product teams using React component library and CSS Framework (troubleshooting, defect resolution, etc.)
- The position requires experienced front-end development skills, a knowledge of emerging and prevalent design trends, the ability to collaborate around goals and self-manage. In addition, proven leadership and consensus-building skills are a plus, along with the ability to think strategically in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The successful candidate will be a driven self-starter with a focus on problem solving and building modern and engaging experiences, a good team player, and thrive in a fast paced, fast thinking, multiple business line environment.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You will work closely with the UX Standards team to build out our cutting-edge React component library and supporting CSS framework serving over 200 products.
- You should be able to analyze, study and understand requirements, read user task flows and objectives, convert design assets into responsive components, and optimize code within an existing frameworks in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be a member of UX Standards team, so you’ll be a thought leader. That means cultivating a balance between getting stuff done tactically and thinking more broadly about the whole organization. You’ll need to be able to shift on a dime, and you should be a savvy communicator – good at reaching out to colleagues and interested in building your network inside the company.
- As a key member of a small team you will promote a fun, supportive, collaborative environment to bring out the best work in others. You should be able to mentor and guide other front-end developers around the organization.
- You will participate in and facilitate UX reviews with product teams, size up this work to our existing standards, and innovate around extensions or evolutions.
- You’ll participate in our project planning and release management exercises.
- Act as an expert source of technology and application knowledge within their domain. Research, recommend, and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies, participating in business planning, IT strategy and direction-setting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sr. Front-End Developer with 8+ years of experience in web development with a strong background working on open source technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 4, React and Node.js.
- B.S Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of JSON, NPM for dependencies, Git and SASS.
- Knowledge of BEM CSS naming methodologies a plus.
- Hands on experience in implementing designs from layered Photoshop PSDs. Experience with Sketch a plus.
- Hands on experience using Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in system analysis, design, workflow architecture, development, testing and maintenance React components.
- Worked on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering through client interaction, Design, Documentation, Development, Integration, Testing, Configuration and Production Support.
- Excellent skills in building elegant professional websites while adhering to W3C standards using table-less layouts (Flexbox, CSS grid).
- Excellent understanding of Software Quality, Configuration Management and Software Release Practices.
- Expertise in preparing effective interactive solutions that meet business, project, and design goals, based on standards and guidelines.
- Ability to perform and deliver in complex projects, meet deadlines and adaptable to ever changing priorities.
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic in learning and keen to adopt new technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.