Job #: 979
Title: Epic Report Writer – Sayre PA
The Epic Report Writer develops reports for current applications and trends in business intelligence and enterprise reporting using Epic reporting tools. Performs project testing of all report programs developed as required. Duties include assisting in the development of test scripts and preparation of test data for report testing. Responsible for working with end-users to determine reporting needs.
Applicable experience may be substituted for up to two years of the education requirement. Experience with Epic Reporting Workbench and Clarity report designing desired. Technical experience should consist of work directly involved with report writing in clinical information systems or billing operations setting. Healthcare experience preferred. Must have strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner while exhibiting attention to detail.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or health related field with at least one year experience in report writing including Crystal reports and KB-SQL reports.
1. Responsible for Epic report writing applications and trends in business intelligence and enterprise
2. Responsible for Epic Reporting Workbench Reports for end-users and working with end-users to determine the facility’s daily reporting needs.
3. Responsible for managing the Clarity Console.
4. Responsible for navigating and using My Reporting Home; formatting with Report Settings,
creating new reporting templates, configuring Hyperspace menus, and troubleshooting report problems.
5. Responsible for business intelligence, data warehousing, and enterprise reporting projects using
6. Responsible for Structured Query Language (SQL) report writing language, Epic’s data table structure, and the EPT (Patient) database.
7. Responsible for working with KB’s editor, and understand Epic’s relational table structure and writing queries on other application specific tables.
8. Responsible for report writing set up, upgrade, and maintenance of all users and providers.
9. Responsible for setting up and updating reporting tools.
10. Responsible for maintaining current documentation of all reports scheduled and produced.
11. Responsible for participating and coordinating business intelligence meetings and communicating updates.
12. Responsible for attending training and maintaining Epic Certification as necessary.
13. Acts as an in-house consultant and expert regarding reporting writing.
14. Maintains technical expertise with current and evolving technologies within the Information Systems industry.
15. Provides recommendations to IT Project Manager regarding hardware needs.
16. Serves as a member of the technical project team. Meets regularly with other members of the technical team to discuss issues and provide solutions.