Job #: 822
Title: EPIC Certified Business Analysts
We have multiple openings for EPIC Certified Consultants with current certifications in one of more of the following modules:
o Epic Coding & Abstracting
o Epic Deficiency Tracking Certified
o Epic ROI Certified
o Epic Identity Certified
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Interview users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess departmental needs to create Business, functional and technical requirements documents.
• Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
• Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
• Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
• Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
• Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
• Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
• Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
• Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
• Ability to lead Business in programs with complex projects.
• Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
• Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
• Experience with HL7 communications is a plus.
• Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
• Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
· Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
· Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center.
· A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
· At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience.
· At least 3 years of experience on commercial core clinical applications.
· Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
· Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods