Job #: 2364
Title: ECSM Engineer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Work collaboratively with the EPIC and other EITS technical staff to install, maintain, troubleshoot, monitor, upgrade and optimize Epic applications, environments and the systems they run.
• Epic implementation or support experience
• Knowledge about Hyperspace on VMware View.
• Support and maintain the Epic Client Systems infrastructure
• Create and manage workstation (LWS) and device/printer (EPR) records in Epic for changes, maintenance, and Epic rollouts.
• Troubleshoot any and all Epic server-side and client-side printing and device (e.g. scanner) issues
• Collaborate with Epic application teams and Epic resources to troubleshoot errors and crashes in the Epic Hyperspace client
• Upgrade and administer ALL EPIC applications such as BCA, MyChart, CareLink, Interconnect, FIPS, Kuiper, System Pulse, HSWeb, Rover and WebBlob
• Deep understanding to troubleshoot manage Windows server and IIS.
• Applies Epic client pack updates to all installed ancillary applications
• Responsible for configuring, managing, and monitoring the Windows servers that provide the supporting infrastructure for the Epic database.
• The candidate will work closely with all entities, both internally and externally including clinical teams, clinical applications, and network services.
• As a secondary function, the ECSA will be involved in determining workstation and Windows server upgrade and purchasing needs.
• Knowledge of network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain Name Services, FTP/SCP, and HTTP. Powershell/VBscript scripting experience preferred.
• Excellent time and project management skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, system diagnostic and communication (written and oral) are critical for success in this position.
Request for Statement of Work
• Analytical thinking for effective problem determination and the ability to work independently, make decisions under pressure, while providing timely and responsive services
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• ECSM 2017 or ECSM 2018 certified
• Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
• Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-moving team
• 4-5 years of EPIC experience