Job #: 1603
Title: Director of Population Health
Functional Title: Director of Population Health Informatics We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Population Health Informatics for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Engagement Location, Hours and Duration:
The engagement will take place at 7 Hanover Square. Consultant during this engagement is expected to travel 10% within the 5 boroughs of NYC.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Office of Population Health (OPH) has a broad portfolio encompassing ambulatory care transformation, development of innovative care models, chronic disease prevention and management, research and evaluation, population health analytics, social determinants of health, and is home to Medicare ACO.
OPH is searching for a Director of Population Health Informatics to take on a complex role encompassing a number of critical efforts:
1) Represent OPH and be the business lead for the enterprise-wide implementation of Healthy Planet, Epic’s population health suite of tools and functionality. a. Ensure implementation is patient and staff-centric/emphasize action and workflow with the greatest positive impact on patient care/provider workflow b. Ensure stakeholder feedback/input is gathered and incorporated where appropriate
2) Represent OPH business needs in such areas as data governance, infrastructure development, and the development of any enterprise data warehouses.
Request for Statement of Work
3) Ensure diverse portfolio of OPH Epic development is coordinated, minimizing duplicative and conflicting requests, and advocating for OPH needs with stakeholders and collaborators
We are looking for a mission-minded leader who will excel at managing logistics and strategy, stakeholder buy-in, and bring technical expertise to this role, to ensure that health information technology is used to improve patient care and staff experience.
Responsibilities will include:
· Project management of the enterprise-wide Healthy Planet implementation, monitoring and driving development, collaborating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure deliverables and milestones are met. ·
In addition to Healthy Planet development, coordinate Epic development within OPH, across multiple units, to ensure maximum impact and synergy, and to decrease duplicative work. ·
Participate/represent OPH in applicable workgroups, committees and lead initiatives where appropriate in the development of infrastructure, data use/policies, and other areas that align with and impact the work of OPH and population health goals.
3. Qualifications / Required Skill:
1) Bachelor degree required, Master’s degree preferred in public health, biomedical informatics, or other related discipline
2) Experience managing complex projects (HIT or other), and working across multiple stakeholders
3) Healthcare data experience required
4) Excellent written and oral communication skills
5) Attention to detail and accuracy
6) Ability to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
7) Ability to work in a fast-paced environment