Job #: 817
Title: Director – EPIC Inpatient
• Manages multiple teams within the Epic Inpatient Module to include but not limited to Orders, Clin Doc, and ASAP.
• Provides a wide range of advisory services to the Senior Director and departmental leadership in support of critical unit/departmental services.
• Assists in the administrative management of specified functions and initiatives, including the interpretation of relevant policies and procedures.
• Contributes to the development of new programs, systems and/or procedures and ensure the successful functioning and efficiency of the Epic implementation, as appropriate.
• Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Assists business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; helps manage expectations of users and management.
• Collaborates with management in personnel performance evaluations.
• Works with team members in the development of career path executable tasks.
• Develops short-range and long-range plans to meet project requirements and establish implementation criteria
• Mentor and coach full-time staff on Epic functionality, Epic implementation methods, and Epic support techniques.
• Collaborates with departmental leadership and inter-disciplinary teams to recommend practical tools, processes and practices that support developing effective solutions to operational issues.
• Interviews users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess project needs across the Enterprise.
• Leads training, development, and implementation of process improvements for all inpatient teams and ensures that quality standards comply with internal policies and industry standards.
• Provides Project management with identified risks, concerns and ambiguities discovered during requirements gathering and work with the Project Manager to complete requirements documentation on schedule for multiple applications within the Epic.
• Ability to perform root cause analysis, document and use the results for process improvement and should be comfortable asking challenging questions.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and provide analysis, propose change strategies, and communicate proposed strategies appropriately.
• Expected to take a consultative approach with stakeholders while presenting information that is both presentable and organized.
• Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
• The position includes on-call, and nights /weekend responsibilities.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
Required Certifications – Certified in 2 or more Epic Applications, Examples Listed
• EpicCare Inpatient Orders
• EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation
• Epic ASAP Emergency Department
• EpicCare Ambulatory
• MyChart Certification
• Reporting Workbench Certification