Job #: 1862
Title: Digital Content Writer
The Digital Content Writer is responsible for writing actionable, client-facing content for the secure Retail site, mobile apps, Institutional websites, and conversational commerce platforms such as Facebook Messenger, Alexa, etc.. The writer manages the content review process, sometimes collaborating with designated content strategists and/or Natural Language Developers, and ensures Compliance approval for assigned projects.
The position requires the individual to work collaboratively in an Agile development environment and work closely with the Enterprise Design team. The writer revises copy, as necessary, through the testing phase.
The position requires the individual to have a solid working knowledge of financial investments in general, and to acquire a strong understanding about products and services specifically.
In the post publication phase, the writer may review client behavior and summary analytics to identify and act on opportunities for content optimization. The writer may report to the Manager, Digital Content Editor, or the Senior Manager, Virtual Agent Technology.
***WRITING SAMPLE MUST BE INCLUDED***
• The writer is assigned projects by the Manger, Digital Content Editor or the Senior Manager, Virtual Agent Technology. The purpose of the project is determined by the Business stakeholders and the writer creates copy that meets those objectives.
• The writer makes revisions to written content to address business, legal, or regulatory concerns.
Main Accountability 1:
Write copy for the web, mobile apps, and/or conversational ecommerce platforms
• Writes and edits client-facing copy for clarity, accuracy, consistency, grammar, style, and tone, while simultaneously meeting web and/or conversational usability standards, corporate guidelines, and brand image.
• Prepares copy decks for all major projects (the deck is the official text for any project). The writer is responsible for updates to the copy decks and making sure the appropriate team members have access to Compliance-approved decks.
• Reviews client interactions and aggregated user behavior data to drive tuning of existing experiences and reveal opportunities for impactful content creation
Main Accountability 2:
Work collaboratively across multiple departments
• Frequently works on agile teams of associates with diverse interests. The writer is responsible for creating copy that addresses multiple (and sometimes conflicting) Business concerns.
• May work with a content strategist who creates a content plan that effectively achieves the business goals throughout the platform experience. This may involve Virtual Agent/Help/Search/social media copy beyond typical web page copy.
• Works closely with the Enterprise Design Group to create relevant, usable content for our clients resulting in a positive experience.
• May engage with natural language developers to ensure Virtual Agent/conversational content and natural language structures work together in synergetic delivery ecosystems that ensure an optimal experience is delivered to the end user.
• Manages the content review process, working with Compliance and Legal to ensure the copy meets a broad range of business, legal, and regulatory guidelines.
• Once the copy has been approved by Compliance, the writer works with developers during the QA process to ensure that the copy is accurate before the project is pushed into production.
Main Accountability 3:
Participate in ongoing education
• The writer should take advantage of education courses and materials available through that relate to improving writing skills or increasing knowledge about the company’s products and services.
• Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of the Editorial Style Guide and updates to it. The writer is also responsible for keeping up with current trends/issues involving writing for the web, mobile apps, and conversational ecommerce platforms.
• The writer should seek out educational opportunities to broaden knowledge of the financial services industry.
• The writer may occasionally be required to travel to other locations for job skill development and agile team training.
Education Level required:
4 Year College Degree
Preferred: English; also Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields
Years Related Experience: 5+ Years Total Experience
Specialized skills, experience, abilities, and knowledge required:
• Proven experience in creating/writing content for websites and other digital media (written samples of work required)
• Client-facing experience in financial services preferred but not required
• BA/BS required in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields
• Strong organizational and communications skills
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Ability to gain an understanding of all roles and responsibilities for multiple business units
• Ability to interface/communicate with all levels of the organization as well as external vendors
• Understanding of the financial services industry and financial products in general
• Excellent team work and people skills
• Energy for fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Desire to build financial services acumen
• Ability to work with content strategists to help provide appropriate content throughout multiple locations on the site
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn various tracking systems such as Tempo, Central Desktop, and JIRA; working knowledge of design tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio, and InDesign
• Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Experience with or interest in conversational commerce platforms, natural language or AI management and machine learning, or SEO experience preferred.