Job #: 2404
Title: DevOps Engineer – Centennial, CO
The Platform Engineer ensures that all in-house and 3rd party applications conform to our configuration and deployment standards so that every application can be deployed, monitored and managed in a consistent and reliable fashion.
• Will partner and support a close working relationship with team members, peers, engineering and development teams for project work and to solve issues that arise.
• Develop and extend tools to maintain and monitor deployments.
• Identify opportunities for automation and lead the development of systems to address those opportunities.
• Writes and manages scripts using a version-controlled repository; scripts of various types are used to automate system management and event notification.
• Maintains operational documentation, technical diagrams and business continuity/disaster recovery procedures.
• Strong belief in automation in all aspects, you get annoyed with manual repetitive tasks.
• Strong Linux skills
• Scripting and/or programming expertise
• Experience with infrastructure automation and container frameworks
• Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines to automate software build, test and deploy with tools like Jenkins and GitLab
• Strong understanding of monitoring and logging platforms concepts (Nagios, Loggly, Splunk, ELK, APM, Prometheus)
• Configuration management experience (Puppet, Terraform, Ansible)
• Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented
• AWS Experience
• Working knowledge of database query languages on PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB
• Encryption, key administration and secrets management experience
• Working experience with enterprise messaging services