Job #: 1428
Title: DevOps Engineer
Momentum is looking for a DevOps Engineer in Machesney Park, IL.
The Dev Ops Engineer position is a newly created position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: version control, continuous integration, release engineering, release management facilitation, and continuous delivery of software programs and applications
***We will not be able to provide sponsorship (i.e. H1B Visa) now or in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Management:Manage and coordinate Build and Release Management activities, release branches/streams, and merging.
- Implement and manage automated deployment, continuous integration, and delivery capabilities.
- Partner with software developers, testers, infrastructure teams, and product managers to ensure releases are delivered with a repeatable and auditable process.
- Define, implement, and enforce strong software build, deployment and configuration management processes for development, testing, and production systems.
- Make recommendations on specific aspects of build and deployment, and continuously strive towards improvements in process and productivity through technology improvements.
- Release Management: Coordinate and manage multiple, complex application releases across different software platforms and development teams.
- Track and coordinate with product owners and release manager on release milestones and related dependencies.
- Partner with IT operations team to ensure smooth deployments into the production environment via tooling.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and correct issues in a timely manner.
- Provide second tier support for developers and IT related to build and deploy automation.
- Compliance to internal design, coding, and documentation standards.
- Identify and sponsor improvements to organizational standards.
- At least one to three years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer, or similar role.
- Experience with continuous integration build systems (e.g. Jenkins, Team City, etc.).
- Experience with Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience with MSBuild.
Web application setup and deployment in a Microsoft environment.
- Experience with multiple source control systems, including Git, Github, and Subversion.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and batch programming.
- Experience with github.com is a plus. Experience with automated provisioning systems (Chef, Puppet, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science (preferred) or equivalent degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two to three years of experience with C# development.
- At least two years using continuous integration and continuous deployment.
MCSD, MCAD or MCPD certification a plus.
- Every team member at Practice Velocity exhibits our core values: