Job #: 2106
Title: Developer – Dallas, TX
Analyze an existing .Net production web application and assess support transition requirements.
. Work with clients and business owners to transfer knowledge, document the architecture, security posture, and any technical information and take over support.
. Design, construction, implementation and support of software that meets the requirements of the LMS/Focus upgrade project
· Assist in providing day to day technical administration including upgrades and release management, analyzing log files, configuration file changes, installation and configuration documents (runbook), upgrade validation/testing, change control, and technical issue/problem resolution
. Respond and resolve tickets related to application issues: for Focus, LCMS, Centra and other LMS applications
· Work with Product owners and Project managers in planning and estimating, throughout the life cycle. Identify and evaluate alternatives and present the most efficient and cost effective solutions
· Participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, installation
· Work with service management, mobility services, deskside support, server and database admin team applications as needed on technology upgrades, maintenance, and issue resolution
. Experience with Java web application architecture with an Apache or IIS back end preferred.
. Ability to solve web application communication issues using tools like Wireshark and Fiddler.
. Ability to write PL/SQL and T-SQL procedures, functions, and views.
. Experience with supporting 3rd party vendor products (Learning management Application support experience highly preferred)
· Detail-oriented and thorough, with effective time management skills and excellent technical writing and editing skills
· Skilled in organizing technical information based on reviewing meeting notes, business specifications, interviewing clients, architects and business analysts.
· Must have the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and other team members.
. Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work. Ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years
Type of Experience: Diverse work experience in systems analysis and software development