Job #: 2470
The Investments Technology – Software Developer/Analyst will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of critical Global Investment business systems used by our clients and consultants. This Information Technology position is for an experienced and productive professional individual contributor, who works independently with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will work closely with both onshore and offshore developers, analysts, testers, business users and IT managers. The candidate’s development experience will be used to (a) provide clarifications, explanations and peer reviews for BA resources tasked with translating business requirements into detailed technical specifications; and (b) perform coding, analyze & review code, manage system configurations and develop cost/sizing estimates. The ability to communicate clearly using non-technical language is also expected. As technical liaison to other developers and analysts, the candidate will participate in the construction of use cases, stories and epics for an Agile development process. The candidate will also assist with general application support to resolve functional and technical issues.
This is a temporary full-time position based in the United States.
duties and responsibilities
To fulfil this role for a variety of Investment applications, the Software Developer/Analyst will:
• Interface with business teams to ensure understanding and accurately document solutions via business requirements and system processes.
• Liaison with BA resources to provide clarifications, explanations and peer reviews for BA resources tasked with translating business requirements into detailed technical specifications and testing plans.
• Code system enhancements and collaborate with other system developers (both onshore and offshore) to ensure deliverables adhere to quality & security standards, are based on business requirements and aligned with the system designs. Verify solutions with senior developers and business representatives/analysts.
• Code changes required for bug fixes, security remediations and for obsolete system tools and components.
• Create simple user interface designs and design architecture for distributed information systems.
• Assist project managers with cost, scope and timing estimations.
• Participate in the deployment and implementation of new and existing products/applications.
• Assist with the generation of technical change orders required by change management.
The Lead Business Analyst will meet the following criteria:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree with degrees in Computer Science or similar technical field.
• 5+ years of systems development experience working in an Agile development lifecycle plus 3+ years of experience gathering/documenting requirements and developing technical specifications.
– [OTHER POSSIBILITIES] Microsoft .NET Framework for web and windows applications, as well as relational databases and other technologies and tools including, LINQ, , MS Visual Studio.Net, Microsoft Silverlight, CSLA, DotNetNuke, Aspose Total for .net, Telerik controls for Asp.net, JQuery, SharePoint, MS Visio, and Windows Workflow Foundation. Angular, Mongo
• Optional Tool Set Experience: ASP Classic, Flash, Highcharts, C#, VB.NET, Oracle
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written. Communicates professionally with internal and external contacts.
• Experience with business analysis, application development and project management principles, practices, techniques and tools. Experience with both legacy (e.g. TFS) and modern (Jira) tool sets.
• Ability to effectively work independently and in a team. Willing to learn independently with minimal direction and develop new skills quickly.
Experience working with offshore/remote development teams in an Agile environment