Job #: 2762
Title: Desktop Support GA
Be working in an existing IT Desktop Services department and responding to calls, emails, Remedy tickets, and in-person requests for assistance with IT problems/malfunctions. You will be expected to log and analyze each call using Remedy and determine either how to solve the problem or escalate the problem to the appropriate level. You will also be expected to generate regular status reports regarding their help desk activities. This role will also involve participating in IT projects, handling time sensitive issues, and prioritizing based on urgency.
• Provides technical service support to over 1200 users including: installation, maintenance, and software training support.
• Be part of a team that redesigns work flow to better utilize resources. Develop and maintain effective business and personal relationships with all clients and management especially between client IT representatives, and technical services.
• Provides technical expertise for all network users in the areas of training, problem resolution, hardware and software upgrades. Ensures that company computers, networks resources, and applications are functioning properly and are available for the intended uses.
• Daily duties may include: providing printer, software and peripherals operation support; servicing workstations; providing assistance to users with standard office automation tools and local applications; providing assistance in technology roll-outs; compiling weekly status reports.
• Complete and follow up on ticket queues.
• Candidate needs excellent interpersonal skills.
• At least 4 years of experience in the following areas:
• Windows 7, Windows 10, Dell and Mac OS X operating systems
• Providing network and server problem diagnostics
• Supporting an automation effort in a help desk and troubleshooting capacity with all Windows Desktop Operating Systems
• Office automation products to include MS Office/Outlook 365/2016
• Troubleshooting desktop/laptop configurations, TCP/IP, network connectivity, and Windows and OS based applications
• Mobile device management
• Telecom/video conference troubleshooting
• Defining and resolving computer/printer malfunctions via telephone and email
• Remote access solutions (Citrix, VPN, or similar technologies)
• AntiVirus application
• Active Directory
• Desktop Imaging