Job #: 2436
Title: Desktop Support
The Field Support Technician will provide IT onsite and remote support of computer hardware, operating systems, networks, and application software. Must be able to install and configure computer desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and software applications in a LAN/WAN environment. Experience troubleshooting and resolving computer and network issues both remotely and onsite in a multi-office work environment. Must be able to oversee a team of at least four.
· Provide IT onsite, offsite and remote support of computer hardware, operating systems, networks, and applications
· Install and configure computer desktops, laptops, printer, mobile devices and software.
· Experience troubleshooting and resolving computer and network issues both remotely and onsite in a multi-office work environment
· Participate in the implementation of new hardware and products to ensure the application meet the business requirements and the team is trained in their use
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· Hardware and Software troubleshooting
· Customer service focused
· Experience controlling IT inventory, assets and deployed software
· Eye for detail and the ability to carefully document work performed
· Desire to continually learn new technologies and products
· Prior experience with ServiceNow ticketing system
· Demonstrated experience diagnosing and resolving unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determining the source of problems and detailing their level, priority and nature
· 5+ years of Desktop Support experience
· BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline, or 3+ years of experience in the Service Desk industry.
· Required Experience: The minimum experience for this position is 2-3 years of relevant experience in Desktop Support and Terminal Services
· Familiar with Lenovo and Dell computers
· ITIL Certification a plus
· Extensive experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suite
· Experience with Active Directory account creation, password resets, group membership changes, distribution groups and other AD functions
· Experience supporting VPN clients and VPN Administration
· Experience supporting and setup of Droid, iPhones, iPads, and other PDA devices
· Experience supporting internal clients remotely via Remote Control tools such as WebEx and RDP
· Experience facilitating a new user setup including but not limited to phone setup, network port activation and testing, pc setup, network account creation, etc.
· Ability to install and troubleshoot printing issues remotely
· Experience imaging and deploying new and replacement laptop and desktop equipment
· Integrity and Trust
· Customer Focus
· Functional/Technical skills
· Written/Oral Communication