Job #: 2350
Title: Delivery Manager
Delivery Manager will be responsible for delivering multiple initiatives
across various departments. This role will be a part of the Project
and Portfolio Management organization and reports to the Director – Project
and Portfolio Management.
· Using a hands-on and proactive approach to ensure that value is delivered – with full responsibility for all aspects of a project including managing milestones, identifying and tracking issues and risks, and driving the team to meet project goals.
· Creating visibility into the project activities and milestones while balancing the desire to follow an agile and iterative software development process.
· Partnering with other digital delivery groups to align ongoing efforts
· Contributing to the team by participating in solution definition and removing roadblocks
· Attaining full knowledge of the functional area and helps the project teams to focus on achieving desired business outcomes.
· Surfacing challenges that require cross-team coordination or leadership intervention prior to them impacting scope, cost or the timeline.
· Establishing a good cadence for communicating outside the team including conducting effective meetings for the given audience by managing the agenda, running the meeting and communicating/tracking follow-ups.
· Establishing good relationships with IT and business stakeholders
· Helping the team in identifying development opportunities and challenging the team to actively work on improving their performance
· Managing budgets, forecasts and vendor teams; Coordinating vendor selection and contracting.
· Ensures project or framework-specific governance is implemented
90% Project delivery Management
other duties as assigned including organizational improvement activities
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
· Good Decision Making, Collaboration, conflict management, facilitation and delegation skills
· Can coach team members in applying the right methodology
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines
· Ability to drive deliverables through completion and hold team members accountable for their work
· Ability to identify potential risks and provide proactive mitigations
· Good knowledge of IT standards, policies and procedures
· Good knowledge of Traditional and Agile frameworks
· Good knowledge of Tools for Managing and Reporting team progress
· Good knowledge of technology platforms
Job / General knowledge/skills
· Positive can-do attitude, solutions-oriented and willingness to extend beyond day-to-day project manager responsibilities
· Ability in Problem Solving, Forward-Thinking, Influencing Stakeholders
· Adaptability and Sense of ownership
· Ability to Build Relationships and Credibility with Management
· Ability to Influence and Drive decisions
· Able to perform with minimal Supervision and Oversight
· Adherence to Performance review and Goal setting process
· Ability to apply feedback received to improve performance.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience
· 5+ years of experience in managing initiatives in digital environments preferably in a manufacturing area
· Must have experience in applying traditional and agile frameworks that are best suited to the needs of the project to deliver value.
· Must have experience in managing large, complex projects
· Training and certifications in traditional project management and/or agile methodologies is preferred