Job #: 2939
Title: Datacenter PM – Broomfield, CO
The Project Manager (PM) will lead the company Data Center integration effort and will be responsible for managing infrastructure, DevOps, configuration management, networking, application, database, active directory, and testing work streams. The PM will be responsible for working across teams within ICAT as well as teams within ICAT’s parent, Global Technology group , and other third party partners. The Data Center integration effort is highly complex and a multi-year effort touching every piece of ICAT’s technology footprint. The PM must have significant experience in managing efforts that are complex and technical in nature, involve third parties, and require a hands-on project management orientation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Create, maintain and manage project schedules by developing project plans, task/work estimating, establish deadlines, monitor milestone completion, align and assign resourcing.
• Manage, monitor and mitigate risks and issues.
• Guide and direct work of the project’s Systems Analyst and team SMEs.
• Effectively coordinate work across various project teams, within ICAT, MGTI, vendor partners.
• Administer the project, effectively facilitate weekly meetings and various topic meetings, and complete project documentation ongoing.
• Consult with management and review project proposals to determine project objective and goals, timeframes, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and required resources.
• Prepare project status reports to keep management informed of project status and related issues.
• Provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to project team members throughout the project’s life cycle. Confer with project personnel to provide project direction, advice, and to resolve problems as they arise.
• Use and manage established standards and procedures for project reporting, documentation, risk management and change management processes.
• Provide technical leadership and managerial direction to designated personnel.
• Ensure that individual and team performance meets ICAT’s standards of service and quality.
• Work collaboratively with all ICAT personnel and business partners.
• Additional duties as assigned
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Strong facilitation and communication skills. Hands-on, problem-solving orientation.
• 7+ years’ direct experience project managing various types of infrastructure projects.
• Experience in data center moves considered a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to create and manage complex enterprise-wide projects.
• Knowledge of system requirements gathering methods and documentation, system testing and reporting tools.
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience developing effective relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels.
• Able to take ownership of projects and deliver expected results with minimal direction.
• BA degree