Job #: 2423
Title: Data Warehouse Lead
Directs the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts. Has overall responsibility for the development of data warehouse strategy, architecture and standards that meet business needs. Ensures that new data and BI platforms can be successfully integrated with existing warehouses. Reports to Sr. Director IT.
· Provides leadership to the IT Data Warehouse Department.
· Performs Data Administration, including Database Architecture design
· Responsible for the physical design of the warehouse environment, including modeling activities and overseeing the creation of database tables, as well as the maintenance of the warehouse’s physical environment.
· Repository Administration
· Data Modeling
· Data Cleansing
· Methodology Modification to guide complex development efforts by providing a map of tasks and roles.
· Creation of extraction and transformation programs, entailing the extraction of specific data elements from various systems, databases and files into a relational database.
· Creation of complex queries for warehouse users.
· Testing component integration, data loading and query execution.
· Warehouse Administration, including coordination of the scheduling of warehouse refreshment processes, managing the creation and reuse of queries written for the warehouse, and coordination during the integration of business areas into the warehouse environment.
· Warehouse production support for databases and users, such as systems support for applications.
· Manages direct reports, as well as those reporting to direct reports; scheduling and other administrative duties.
· Ability to draw out information and develop in-depth understanding of complex processes;
· Ability to determine/refine business requirements;
· Ability to manage time effectively, to meet schedules and deadlines, to work under time pressure, and to pay close attention to detail;
· Operational and technical experience with data warehouse tools, MS-SQL, MS-Office, and other analytical and presentation tools as applicable;
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to effectively manage and lead a group of diverse teams;
· Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of situations, with internal co-workers, other Business Units, and external entities;
· Ability to understand business needs;
· Ability to work independently with little supervision;
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to present results to varied and diverse audiences;
· Project management skills;
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
· At least Five years’ experience in related field/position required.
· Integrity and trust
· Customer Service Focus
· Functional and Technical skills necessary to perform at a high level
· Written and Oral Communication skills
· Liaising with Business Units