Job #: 938
Title: Data Warehouse Developer/Architect – Healthcare
The Data Warehouse Developer will primarily be responsible for the analysis of business requirements, as well as the design, development and implementation of highly efficient, highly scalable ETL processes in Epic’s data warehouse environment.
Data Warehouse Analyst Job Description
The list below shows key tasks, duties, and responsibilities a data warehouse analyst.
§ Responsible for designing, building, and supporting the components of data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases, reports, and reporting environments
§ Designs dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business’ processes
§ Develops and automates ETL processes that involves error and reconciliation handling, utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
§ Utilizes SAP Business Objects in designing and building the reporting environment
§ Writes reports, adds new fields, creates Business Objects filters, measures and objects; and creates dashboards to improve current data warehouse
§ Creates processes for maintaining or/and capturing metadata
§ Studies and understands the company’s business processes and applications, including their effect on data and reporting, and applies the knowledge gained in designing data warehouses and reports
§ Identifies and documents all requirements for both the current data warehouse components and reports by working with end users
§ Creates Business Objects reports and assists clients with data warehouse
§ Assembles performance statistics, analyzes them, and makes recommendations for improvements
§ Establishes system documentation and ensures it is continually sustained.
· Must have prior Data Warehouse implementation experience working
· Contribute to the data warehouse design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows
· Perform all of the necessary data analysis and transformations to populate data into a warehouse table structure that is optimized for reporting.
· Design, integrate and document technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis from the data warehouse
· Provide operational excellence through root cause analysis and continuous improvement for data warehouse technologies and processes
· Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load) development, architecting efficient software designs for DW platform.
· Knowledge of database modeling and design in a Data warehousing context.
· Strong familiarity with data warehouse best practices.
· Experience with SAP tools, WebI and Explorer and Universe Designer
· Certification in one or more of the Clarity data models (Optime, Anestheisa, Inpatient)
· Certification in Epic application an added plus
· Manage data warehouse plans.
· Interface with subject matter experts, engineers, and application analysts to understand data needs.
· Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
· Design, build and launch new data models in production.
· Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes.
· Support existing processes running in production.
· Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
· Work with data infrastructure to triage issues and drive to resolution.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, or other technology related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of professional experience.
· 3+ years of health care experience (preferred).
· Strong knowledge of SSRS, SSIS is preferred.
· In depth SQL development experience.
· Expertise in query optimization techniques, including table indexing.
· Deep understanding of relational database concepts.
· Data Analysis – Experience consolidating disparate data sets into usable data.
· Ability to collaborate and communicate clearly with other team members and management.
· Understanding of enterprise data warehousing, dimensional modeling and STAR schemas.
· Effective oral, written communication and follow-up skills
· Strong interpersonal relationship skills