Job #: 3304
Title: Data Science Engineer
Banking Strategy team’s goal is to help the organization make fact based and scientifically developed decisions around risk and opportunities, which help drive top and bottom line growth. The incumbent is expected to mine book of business to identify new or existing customer opportunities for the Banking group. You will be part of the team that delivers predictive analytics solutions and models and contribute to towards achieving bank’s lending and deposit growth. Functional responsibilities include generating business insights, developing customer segmentation, predictive models, marketing optimization, and quantitative market research. The candidate will think strategically and apply advanced analytical methods to drive business decisions and outcomes. You will closely partner with other parts of the bank such as Product, IT partners, marketing and field engagement teams.
• Develop scorecards, static and interactive dashboards, data visualizations, data extracts, and other “descriptive analytics” to tactically meet the needs of banking stakeholders.
• Build Tableau Dashboards to drive Client and Advisor engagement on banking products as well as deliver insights and critical analytical information to key internal stakeholders that support actionable recommendations on business priorities.
• Engineer end to end solutions including; data acquisition, data modeling, ETL, analytics and visualizations.
• Define the appropriate statistical or analytical technique for the business problem; this decision should balance business needs and timing with the required robustness.
• Review and improve existing database systems and collaborate with teams to integrate new systems. Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
• Architect and design our solutions and drive insights using your strong data visualization experience.
• Drive “productization” of analytical insights in collaboration with product managers, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities.
• Create, maintain, and deliver custom reports from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources. Manage Tableau server, including organization of content, user roles, access.
• Bachelor’s degree or Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
• At least 5+ years of strong experience with SQL and SAS/R/Python and working with large relational and non-relational databases.
• Must have strong experience with self-service reporting and building dashboarding using tools like Tableau, Data Viz packages from Python/R and advanced MS Office skills.
• 5+ years’ experience as a or senior data analyst or data scientist in which you have extracted meaningful insights and developed models from big data sets with little data engineering support.
• Experience in Big Data systems, including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, or Cloudera with ability to comprehend stakeholder needs effectively, communicate development plans, and track progress milestones.
• Working knowledge of data mining techniques, including regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, etc. and strong grasp of hypothesis formation and testing.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and ability to tell a story and drive analytics solutions
• Possession of excellent critical thinking skills to assess numbers, trends, and data to reach new conclusions based on findings.
• Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.