Job #: 2266
Title: Data Modeler
1. Engagement Description
Contract Labor Title: Implementation: Business and Workflow Analysis Services – NOT EPIC CERTIFIED
Functional Title: Senior Data Modeler
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Data Modeler for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Engagement Location, Hours and Duration:
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To design and implement complex ETL processes for the Data management and Quality program.
The Senior Data Modeler is primarily responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Data models to support the needs of data warehousing.
The position is responsible for recommending and adopting best practices to ensure high data quality standards are maintained and redundancy is reduced.
• Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
• Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
• Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
• Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
• Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
• Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
• Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
• Develop data models according to company standards.
• Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
Request for Statement of Work
• Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
• Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required.
• Off-hours and on-call production support may be required.
• Adherence to internal and external production SLAs.
• Limited travel may be required.
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of work experience in design and implementation of data models for complex data warehouse initiatives.
• Minimum 4 years of experience working with healthcare data and revenue cycle data models.
• Minimum 4 years of strong experience to design scalable data models and data flows.
• Proficiency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc)
• Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse initiatives including Data Model development, Semantic/Data Access Layer Development, Reporting and Dashboard Creation; developing solutions for shared data usage
• Experience with a Data Modeling tool (such as Erwin) and in developing processes to manage data model development, principles, and standards
• Experience with a Clinical industry focused data model preferred
• Exposure to and understanding of Analytical Architectures
• Consulting and Facilitation Skills
• Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
• Business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and work management skills
• Customer-focused ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Proactive Leadership style; self-starter and strong attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint)