Job #: 3019
Title: Data Lineage Analyst
We’re looking for a Data Lineage Onboarding Analyst to:
• Establish relationships across the organisation to understand, interpret and document the bank’s data flows, in line with the DMO methodology and framework,
• Work with Business and IT SMEs to define the bank’s data, in line with our enterprise wide ‘data language’,
• Identify and document the key controls that exist along these data flows that maintain the integrity of the data and facilitate control framework assessments that ensure known gaps or issues are documented,
• Continuously collaborate with other DMO teams to ensure a comprehensive ‘front to back’ picture is completed,
• Present back findings to executive management, both 1:1 and through existing governance forums, to confirm understanding and obtain ratification and
• Maintain an excellent standard for all aspects of project delivery and governance, including planning, status reporting and risk management.
You will be working in Group Operations within the Data Management Office (DMO). This role sits within the Data Lineage team, which operates out of Weehawken, London and Pune. The Data Lineage team is responsible for working directly with divisional subject matter experts, in both the business and IT, to map data flows in the organization and populate and maintain the group data dictionary. The DMO is responsible for embedding a data management culture into the organization by advocating for our strategy and proactively challenging the way the firm works with data.
• At least 3 year(s) of experience in Financial Services, Consultancy or Data within other industries
• Excellent analysis and documentation skills with the ability to grasp new concepts easily and to adapt within a changing environment
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• Team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter
• Knowledge of Banking or Capital Markets and familiar with current regulations such as BCBS 239, IFRS, CCAR, and an understanding of application data governance and data management (desirable, not essential)