Job #: 2294
Title: Data Architect
. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To design and implement complex ETL processes for the Data management and Quality program. Consultant will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Data models to support the needs of data warehousing. The position is responsible for recommending and adopting best practices to ensure high data quality standards are maintained and redundancy is reduced.
• Own high availability production database systems
• Work with infrastructure engineers, developers, and architects to troubleshoot issues, optimize performance, define and implement database best practices
• Design detailed data architectures, including constructing domain, conceptual, logical and physical data models, interface specifications and data flow diagrams
• Shape enterprise data architecture design patterns, design principles and best practices enhancing business solution delivery
• Understand governance, standards, compliance, audit, regulatory and audit requirements and ensure that these are factored into your design
• Specify appropriate data structures for various software development projects. Manage metadata in the Data Management System (DMS), the enterprise’s metadata repository.
• Interaction with software engineering and DBA teams in order to understand their database requirements for new products or features
• Perform database administration tasks, including automation, performance monitoring, system tuning, and SQL query optimization
• Work with security and operations to manage access control to databases
• Monitor databases for problems and diagnose their origin
• Identify and resolve production application issues
Request for Statement of Work
• Plan and provide operational oversight in database maintenance with minimal impact to customers
• Plan detailed deployments with database and software engineers that use advanced techniques to minimize or eliminate downtime when making schema changes
• Participates in prototyping and proof of concept system development and benchmarking
• Evaluates the merits and benefits of potential systems enhancements to improve overall performance and address/meet evolving business requirements
• Evaluate new database technologies and tools to meet growing challenges
• Plans and implements backup and recovery strategies
• Diagnoses and develops/recommends solutions to address system, software, security and other complex database issues
• Acts as lead on technical projects
• Participates in code reviews, ensuring best practices are followed
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of work experience in design and implementation of data models for complex data warehouse initiatives.
• Minimum 4 years of experience working with healthcare data and revenue cycle data models.
• Minimum 4 years of strong experience to design scalable data models and data flows.
• Proficiency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc.)
• Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse initiatives including Data Model development, Semantic/Data Access Layer Development, Reporting and Dashboard Creation; developing solutions for shared data usage
• Experience with a Data Modeling tool (such as Erwin) and in developing processes to manage data model development, principles, and standards
• Experience with a Clinical industry focused data model preferred
• Exposure to and understanding of Analytical Architectures
• Consulting and Facilitation Skills
• Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills
• Business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and work management skills
• Customer-focused ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Proactive Leadership style; self-starter and strong attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint)