Job #: 1839
Title: Data Analyst
The main focus of this role is the data management of data sources for Hedge Fund of Funds analysis and data entry in Alternative Investment Solution’s proprietary database. Particular focus on working alongside the research team and hedge fund managers to develop and implement exposure and attribution information across invested and non-invested funds. This position will require strong communication skills, good problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly learn the terminology and data consumed by the Hedge Fund of Funds business.
• Maintaining the data integrity of hedge fund data feeding the Fund Database.
• Maintain open channels of communication between various internal groups.
• Maintain and develop relationships with external hedge funds.
• Identify and initiate areas of automation and development within existing processes.
• Proactively identifying and resolving potential problems and risks before they arise and know when to escalate issues.
• Gain knowledge and help support the flow of information between the database and applications used by the Fund of Funds Team and clients.
• Quickly learning the terminology and vocabulary of Hedge Funds and products.
• Ability to prioritize time and work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent team player, continually reviewing processes and communicating problems and fixes with global counterparts.
• Participate in the implementation of new system flows.